We are now accepting submissions for the 2019 AJC Decatur Book Festival. All submissions must be received by 6:00pm EDT May 1, 2019.
The AJC Decatur Book Festival prides itself on presenting a diverse array of authors, genres, and discussions. The festival typically invites approximately 225-275 authors each year who will be featured either on a panel or in a solo session. If traveling, authors should be prepared to pay for their own travel expenses to the festival.
To be considered for the featured author stages, books must be:
- Newly published since September 3, 2018 (priority will be given to books published in 2019) and available for sale.
- Published in traditional format (hardback or paperback). The DBF is currently not considering e-books for presentation.
- Written for the general or “trade” audience. Books that are written for specialty or academic audiences will not be considered.
- Authors with self-published books must meet the following additional criteria:
- A professional has edited the work
- Book must be available to booksellers with standard discount terms and be returnable
- The author must have a functional website
If you meet the above requirements:
- Click on the submission link below, and
- Send 1 copy of a finished book/galley/ARC/manuscript to:
AJC Decatur Book Festival
PO BOX 337
Decatur, GA 30031
NOTE: Electronic submissions will not be considered; we must receive a physical copy of the book(s).
Author Invitation Process
The DBF programming committee, comprised of literary and publishing professionals, selects authors for the featured stages. Most invitations to participate are extended between February and May.
Take a look at previous authors who have appeared at the festival since 2006.